A DAY IN THE LIFE...

Sustian me according to Your word that I may live...Psalm 119:116

Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Unholy Mess

Found this in an old 'notes' posting somewhere else and it just reminded me how very gracious the Lord is to me... His forgiveness is great and deep and His mercy truly IS everlasting!!!


"I was watching a movie today - well kind of- not paying much attention, until Katherine Hepburn says:

"I'm such an unholy mess of a girl!"

And I thought, wow, doesn't that sum up my life before Jesus! An unholy mess - betrayed and a betrayer, hurt, scared, insecure, filled with the rot of sin...and so lost, just so very, very lost.
Oh, but by the grace of God, I am now holy and beloved, His very own, and called according to His purpose - called by that precious name, "Daughter" - still a bit messy at times, but He cleans me up as we go... holy only by His great work on the cross and that alone!

I am grateful to be able to now say, this unholy mess of a girl was made new...thank you Lord Jesus!"

*This makes me think how much I need to remember this condition of "before Jesus" - I get so short of patience with others - and how dare I, really? I was no better and probably much worse than they are, and yet, I struggle in this... Oh God, let me be a giver of GRACE, on a mission of MERCY, to spread Your indescribable love...

Help me Jesus to remember that each and every person, no matter how tainted by sin, was made in Your precious image... you love each one so deeply and completely - Oh! May I be like You!

No comments:

Post a Comment